Just 3 hours ago I was sitting at the closing table with a happy buyer and a very happy seller and I couldn’t believe what I heard! The buyer told us all that he had a warehouse to sell and my seller said “You ought to auction it. Your property is going to bring exactly the same amount whether you sell at auction or you list it.”
Now I’m not surprised that he said it, I’m just thrilled I kept my mouth shut long enough to let him say it. It was so much more impactful coming from someone who just sold their property at auction rather than from the auctioneer looking for his next sale. The only part he left out was not only will it sell for the same price, or “market value,” it will sell in 30 days. That is a win win for a seller.
So the big questions is, why does auction continue to be “the other option” or “the second choice?” For this seller, it was, and will continue to be his first choice, and it should be yours too. Here are a number of reasons why:
- Exposes the property to a large number of pre-qualified prospects.
- Leverages seller’s advertising investment – 10 to 20 times in a multi-property event.
- 40,000+ compiled regional database of prospects with a propensity to buy at public auction.
- 30-45 day unconditional all cash closing.
- Target marketing-direct mail, brochures, display ads, email newsletters, online ads, site signage.
- Instant access to property information on www.svnauctions.com and www.menishauctions.com
- Quick sale reduces carrying costs, including taxes and maintenance.
- Accelerates the sale. The seller knows exactly when the property will sell.
- Properties sold “as is, where is”.
- Creates urgency to buy and competition among informed buyers.
- Auction price can exceed the price of a negotiated sale.
- Requires potential buyers to pre-qualify for financing.
- All due diligence, inspections and testing performed prior to sale.
- The seller sets terms and conditions of the sale.
- Ensures an aggressive marketing program that increases interest and visibility.
- Assurance that property will be sold at true market value.
Spring is one the busiest and best times to sell your property at auction. There is still time to get your property on our calendar this spring so we can maximize value and close the sale in a short period of time.
Let us put auction to work for you.